Whetzel and Clements Cricket Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whetzel and Clements Cricket Forum

Bowl You For Duck, Smack You For 6

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Schoolboys rewrite record books with 721-run stand

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 59
City : Newcastle
Job : Student
Hobbies : Basketball,Football,Cricket
Registration date : 2006-10-09

Personal Scoreboard
Favourite Team: England
Favourite Player: Kevin Pieterson
Test Runs:
Schoolboys rewrite record books with 721-run stand Left_bar_bleue11/500Schoolboys rewrite record books with 721-run stand Empty_bar_bleue  (11/500)

Schoolboys rewrite record books with 721-run stand Empty
PostSubject: Schoolboys rewrite record books with 721-run stand   Schoolboys rewrite record books with 721-run stand Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2006 8:05 pm

A pair of Indian schoolboys did the unthinkable when they put on a "world record" 721 for the opening wicket off 40 overs in a one-day cricket match, the Times of India reported.
Shaibaz Tumbi and B. Manoj Kumar achieved the feat on Wednesday playing for St Peter's High School against St Philips High School in an under-13 inter-school match at Secunderabad in southern India.
Tumbi hammered 324 off just 116 balls and Kumar 320 off 127 deliveries in an eye-defying display of aggressive batting. The pair smashed 103 fours during their stand but not a single six at the huge Parade ground.

Their feat also eclipsed the previous best stand, in any form of cricket, of 664 between Indian batting superstar Sachin Tendulkar and former Test batsman Vinod Kambli in an inter-school match in Mumbai in February 1988.
"We feel nice to have broken the Tendulkar-Kambli record. We knew our individual scores and were told about the world record only when the innings ended," one of the boys told reporters.
St Philips also conceded 77 extras, including 57 wides and three no-balls, meaning the Tumbi-Kumar duo had 10 extra overs to continue with their run-riot.
"There was a competition between us after reaching 200 that who will complete a triple-century first. We then decided that each will play three balls in an over," said Tumbi.
"I never knew I was breaking a world record. I was just playing for myself and my school. I only realised when I returned to the pavilion that I'd broken a record by scoring a triple-century."
The St Philips batsmen wilted after the onslaught and were dismissed for a paltry 21, losing by a whopping 700-run margin.
Three world records were struck -- highest total, highest stand and highest margin of victory -- in any form of limited-overs cricket at any level, according to former Indian cricket board statistician Mohandas Menon.
The previous one-day record was 630-5 off 45 overs by United Cricket Club against Bay Area in a league match in California, United States, The Times said.
Back to top Go down
https://whetzelandclements.editboard.com
Clements
Greatest batsmen of all time
Greatest batsmen of all time
Clements

Male
Number of posts : 1043
City : NEWCASTLE
Hobbies : Cricket
Registration date : 2006-10-09

Personal Scoreboard
Favourite Team: England
Favourite Player: Andrew Flintoff
Test Runs:
Schoolboys rewrite record books with 721-run stand Left_bar_bleue171/500Schoolboys rewrite record books with 721-run stand Empty_bar_bleue  (171/500)

Schoolboys rewrite record books with 721-run stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schoolboys rewrite record books with 721-run stand   Schoolboys rewrite record books with 721-run stand Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2006 12:31 am

whetzel me n u cud du tht 1 day lol
Back to top Go down

Schoolboys rewrite record books with 721-run stand
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Whetzel and Clements Cricket Forum :: Recent News-
Jump to: