Whetzel and Clements Cricket Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whetzel and Clements Cricket Forum

Bowl You For Duck, Smack You For 6

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

steve harmison retires from one day cricket

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
whetzel
Greatest Spin Bowler
Greatest Spin Bowler
whetzel

Male
Number of posts : 2682
City : OLD TRAFFORD
Job : diggin bens grandma up
Hobbies : CRICKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Registration date : 2006-10-09

Personal Scoreboard
Favourite Team: England
Favourite Player: Monty Panesar
Test Runs:
steve harmison retires from one day cricket Left_bar_bleue505/500steve harmison retires from one day cricket Empty_bar_bleue  (505/500)

steve harmison retires from one day cricket Empty
PostSubject: steve harmison retires from one day cricket   steve harmison retires from one day cricket Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2006 6:54 pm

Steve Harmison is confident his decision to retire from one-day cricket will help prolong his Test career.
"This has been a difficult decision but I want to play at the highest level for as long as I can," he said.
"I believe that concentrating solely on Test cricket is the best way forward for me during the next phase of what will hopefully be a long career."
Harmison, 28, has played 46 ODIs since 2002 but has struggled to replicate his better Test form in 50-over cricket.

In 12 matches over the last 12 months he has taken just 17 wickets at an average of 36.58, costing almost six runs per over.
He was dropped for England's final match of the ICC Champions Trophy, against West Indies in October, after a series of injury niggles and form problems.

Despite his poor start to the Ashes series, though, he has rediscovered his form in Test cricket, with a return of 4-48 in the third match of the series in Perth.
But he is known to dislike opening the bowling with the white ball, which is used in one-day cricket and tends to swing more than the red version.
"This hasn't come as a shock to me. I know he's been considering if for a bit," chairman of selectors David Graveney told BBC Radio Five Live.
"He has had a difficult time. He's struggled with the white ball for the last 12 months.
"It lessens our options but opens the door for a lot of younger bowlers to stake their claim for the [World Cup in the] West Indies."
Harmison will play a key part in the two remaining Ashes Tests, in Melbourne and Sydney, then return home as the Commonwealth Bank Series begins on 12 January.
Meanwhile, Paul Nixon hopes to raise his team-mates' flagging spirits on his first tour England's for six years.
Nixon, 36, was surprisingly called into the one-day squad, replacing Geraint Jones as the second wicket-keeper in the party, alongside Chris Read.
"Some of the guys have not performed as they would have liked to have done, so they'll maybe benefit from a bit of experience and new energy," he said.
"They haven't performed as well as they would have liked and changes have been made - and I'm thankful for that."
Back to top Go down
http://www.cricket-forum.co.nr/
Clements
Greatest batsmen of all time
Greatest batsmen of all time
Clements

Male
Number of posts : 1043
City : NEWCASTLE
Hobbies : Cricket
Registration date : 2006-10-09

Personal Scoreboard
Favourite Team: England
Favourite Player: Andrew Flintoff
Test Runs:
steve harmison retires from one day cricket Left_bar_bleue171/500steve harmison retires from one day cricket Empty_bar_bleue  (171/500)

steve harmison retires from one day cricket Empty
PostSubject: Re: steve harmison retires from one day cricket   steve harmison retires from one day cricket Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2006 1:47 am

aye he cant bowl wit a white ball lyk
Back to top Go down

steve harmison retires from one day cricket
Page 1 of 1