Whetzel and Clements Cricket Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whetzel and Clements Cricket Forum

Bowl You For Duck, Smack You For 6

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lee out of Cricket World Cup

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
whetzel
Greatest Spin Bowler
Greatest Spin Bowler
whetzel

Male
Number of posts : 2682
City : OLD TRAFFORD
Job : diggin bens grandma up
Hobbies : CRICKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Registration date : 2006-10-09

Personal Scoreboard
Favourite Team: England
Favourite Player: Monty Panesar
Test Runs:
Lee out of Cricket World Cup Left_bar_bleue505/500Lee out of Cricket World Cup Empty_bar_bleue  (505/500)

Lee out of Cricket World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Lee out of Cricket World Cup   Lee out of Cricket World Cup Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 6:44 pm

Australia fast bowler Brett Lee has been ruled out of next month's World Cup with an ankle injury.
The 30-year-old will be replaced in their 15-man squad by New South wales team-mate Stuart Clark, who took 26 wickets in the recent Ashes series.
Lee injured ligaments in his left ankle last week while training.
"It is a great disappointment for Brett Lee and it is a significant blow for our planning and preparation," said chief selector Andrew Hilditch.

"However, it does give a tremendous opportunity for Stuart Clark, who was extremely unlucky to miss out on initial selection."
Lee, who has 267 wickets from 150 one-day internationals - 22 of them taken during the 2003 World Cup in South Africa, will not be able to resume bowling for two to three months.
"I think it's every young kid's dream to play for their country and to play in a World Cup is probably what it's all about as far as one-day cricket goes," he commented.
"It's pretty hard to swallow, but you've just got to accept things sometimes.
"Now it's just a matter of letting the ankle settle down and giving it a chance to heal up. There's a possibility within two to three weeks that there might be some surgery to clear out a bit of old bone floating around in the ankle."
Formal approval for Clark's inclusion has still to be given by the International Cricket Council but that is certain to be a formality - and Lee sent him a good luck message after his injury prognosis was confirmed by team doctor Trefor James.
"It's really disappointing for Brett. He's a friend in the team and a friend outside of the team as well. It's hollow, but I'm still excited about going to the World Cup," said Clark.

A number of leading figures in Australian cricket, including former fast bowler Geoff Lawson, had criticised the original decision to leave him out of the squad.
"He knows where every ball is going, he is a guy who understands his tactics and he is a leader in that side," said Lawson.
"He's the kind of guy they need out on the park to help in a crisis. It's not just his bowling that is beneficial, it's his cricket knowledge."

Lee out of Cricket World Cup _42604657_clark203 Clark's mastery of line and length made him a big hit in the Ashes

But Clark admitted he was not the finished article as far as one-day international cricket is concerned and would be happy to fill any role asked of him.
"I've got to get better at bowling in the powerplays and that's what I'll be looking to do while I'm over there, [but] I don't expect any new ball - I don't expect any favours," the 31-year-old added.
Australia, who will be bidding for a hat-trick of World Cup wins in the Caribbean, are also sweating on the fitness of Andrew Symonds and Matthew Hayden.
All-rounder Symonds has had surgery on a torn bicep tendon and Hayden broke his toe in the final match of the recent Chappell-Hadlee Series in New Zealand.
But batsman Michael Clarke (sore hip) and skipper Ricky Ponting (back problem) are of lesser concern.
Ponting said: "My back's fine. The last few nights I've slept a lot better and felt a lot better in the morning. Hopefully when I get to the West Indies I'll be pain free and ready to go."
Back to top Go down
http://www.cricket-forum.co.nr/
Clements
Greatest batsmen of all time
Greatest batsmen of all time
Clements

Male
Number of posts : 1043
City : NEWCASTLE
Hobbies : Cricket
Registration date : 2006-10-09

Personal Scoreboard
Favourite Team: England
Favourite Player: Andrew Flintoff
Test Runs:
Lee out of Cricket World Cup Left_bar_bleue171/500Lee out of Cricket World Cup Empty_bar_bleue  (171/500)

Lee out of Cricket World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee out of Cricket World Cup   Lee out of Cricket World Cup Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 11:15 pm

least tht twats oot n thtll give other teams some confidence
Back to top Go down

Lee out of Cricket World Cup
Page 1 of 1