Whetzel and Clements Cricket Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whetzel and Clements Cricket Forum

Bowl You For Duck, Smack You For 6

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Driving ban for England cricketer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
whetzel
Greatest Spin Bowler
Greatest Spin Bowler
whetzel

Male
Number of posts : 2682
City : OLD TRAFFORD
Job : diggin bens grandma up
Hobbies : CRICKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Registration date : 2006-10-09

Personal Scoreboard
Favourite Team: England
Favourite Player: Monty Panesar
Test Runs:
Driving ban for England cricketer Left_bar_bleue505/500Driving ban for England cricketer Empty_bar_bleue  (505/500)

Driving ban for England cricketer Empty
PostSubject: Driving ban for England cricketer   Driving ban for England cricketer Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 3:17 pm

England cricketer Liam Plunkett has been banned from driving for 20 months after he admitted drink-driving.
The 21-year-old bowler was breathalysed when he crashed into another car after leaving Yarm's Tall Trees nightclub in October, Teesside magistrates heard.
Plunkett, who starred in England's one-day series win over Australia, was more than twice the legal limit.
Following Monday's court appearance, he admitted acting irresponsibly and apologised to family and team-mates.
The late-night incident happened at a set of traffic lights at Yarm, near Stockton-on-Tees.
Driving ban for England cricketer O
Driving ban for England cricketer Start_quote_rb I am deeply sorry for what I did and there is simply no excuse for it. I acted irresponsibly Driving ban for England cricketer End_quote_rb
Liam Plunkett
The court heard that, as Plunkett approached a set of traffic lights, his foot slipped off the brake and he crashed into another car.
After being breathalysed, arrested and taken for more tests, he gave a reading of 172mg of alcohol in 100ml of blood.
The legal limit is 80mg of alcohol in 100ml of blood.
Speaking on Monday, Plunkett, of Marton, Middlesbrough, said: "I am deeply sorry for what I did and there is simply no excuse for it. I acted irresponsibly.
'Role model'
"I would also like to apologise to my family, friends, team mates and coaches for the embarrassment I have caused them.
"I accept that I am a role model, especially for youngsters, and for this reason I am particularly sorry about what happened.
"My cricket career is extremely precious to me and I am determined not to waste the amazing opportunity that I have been given."
The court also ordered Plunkett to pay £50 costs.
Plunkett has just returned from the three-month tour of Australia and, after sitting out the Ashes series, played in the Commonwealth Bank triangular tournament, finishing as joint leading wicket-taker.
He is part of the England World Cup squad, who will fly out to the Caribbean on 2 March.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cricket-forum.co.nr/
Clements
Greatest batsmen of all time
Greatest batsmen of all time
Clements

Male
Number of posts : 1043
City : NEWCASTLE
Hobbies : Cricket
Registration date : 2006-10-09

Personal Scoreboard
Favourite Team: England
Favourite Player: Andrew Flintoff
Test Runs:
Driving ban for England cricketer Left_bar_bleue171/500Driving ban for England cricketer Empty_bar_bleue  (171/500)

Driving ban for England cricketer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving ban for England cricketer   Driving ban for England cricketer Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 11:17 pm

plunkett the pisshed
Back to top Go down

Driving ban for England cricketer
Page 1 of 1